“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” ― Margaret Mead
And in a blink, we are back.
Weren’t we just saying goodbye yesterday? And now we are saying hello again? Time is a funny thing.
With time comes change. Now we don’t always like change because it breaks our normalcy, patterns, and routines. But change also brings newness, opportunities, and delights.
We ran a survey last year where you provided us with great feedback on facilities, talks, community, and fresh ideas. Here are a few things you will see when you come back to The Bridge:
- Expansion: We have more than doubled our space by acquiring the upstairs 2nd and 3rd floors of Shanti House (the building next to The Bridge). This gives us a much larger talking space so we don’t need to utilize the main area for bigger talks as much as we did this past year. We may still use the main, downstairs space for very special speakers. And now we won’t have a shaking projector as there is no one walking above us!
- Privacy: We want to have a dynamic space but we also want to provide members with a more quiet and controlled space. So the new area is only for members with much more comfortable seating options and spaces for you to tuck into.
- Dedicated Desk: We had requests for dedicated and private office space. So we have taken the 3rd-floor room and will be allocating this for 3 – 4 private, shared spaces. This will, of course, come at a higher fee but will allow a few people who really want to focus to have that opportunity.
- Talks: We have moved the talks to 10:30 – 11:30 for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday as this allows for better alignment with other activities around campus. It gives members a bit more time to dig into a morning session, enjoy a talk and then have time to break for lunch.
- Theme Weeks: We will share much more on this but as you know we utilize the Sustainability Compass Model which revolves around Nature, Sustainability, Wellbeing, and Economy. We are going to offer focused talks, programs, and activities during the first week of every month around one of these themes to offer the community an opportunity to really dig into these particular areas. We still have all of our talks and programming. But you wanted the chance to spend more time around a particular subject and we think this will offer that as well as bringing the community together.
- Family Pricing: The biggest request we had last year was for a Family Plan so that two people could enjoy The Bridge together. We have introduced this along with an overhaul of our pricing models so you now have more choices.
And there is much more as you will see. We are still less than a year old but it feels like we have been through so much in our first year. You have helped us create a beautiful community space and now we are ready for a very exciting year ahead. We have already had some new family members join us this week so our community is continuing to grow.
See you next week.
The Bridge Team,
Carol, Sheila, Ugie, and Chris
- If you are interested in a dedicated desk space please write to us at email@example.com.